Click Here for the new updated post
JIMMY: Male 13-14. Caucasian. Jimmy is cute, but could be on the scrawny side – definitely not the school jock. Loveable, empathetic, smart and interesting. Must have a great sense of humor.
CHRIS: Male 13-14. Caucasian. Slightly, or more than slightly, overweight. Chris is confident, driven, optimistic and a natural leader. Must have a great sense of humor.
NINA: Female 13-14. Caucasian. A natural beauty – she is stunning, but not the “cheerleader” type. Strong and confident, but has an underlying sadness.
These are the same roles listed below, however the characters names are different.
Must send a recent photo, date of birth, email address and phone number
Type character name and actor name in the subject line of email submission.
Paramount Studios is teaming up with "Lost" executive producer and writer J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions to bring a new project to the big screen. Casting directors Alyssa Weisberg and April Webster have launched a national talent search seeking 13 - 14 year old Boys and Girls for the lead roles in the film. No previous acting experience is necessary, but must have great energy and a wonderful sense of humor and thoughtfulness.
To be considered for the film, you must submit a self-made audition video via email in QuickTime format.
Here are the details on how to submit:
● Please learn the scenes for the appropriate role (Josh/Collin/Natalie)
● You do not need to memorize it but the more familiar you are, the better.
● Have someone read the other character’s lines off camera.
● In addition to the scenes, please tape a short interview so they can get a sense of your wonderful personality. Talk about hobbies, likes, a funny story, etc.
● Start off with a full body shot and then zoom into a medium close up (chest up) and keep the camera stationary.
● Please make sure they can see your face and hear you clearly (it’s best to have your main source of light behind the camera.)
● Please say your first and last name, height and where you are from before you begin the scene
● At the end please say your first and last name again clearly or print your full name on a sheet of paper and hold it up to the camera so they can read it clearly.
● If you are a minor, please state your age and height after you say your name.
● Please do not put a certified delivery if using “yousendit.com”.
● Please compress your movie to the smallest size possible.
● Please do not follow up with emails regarding receipt of the audition. Due to the volume of submissions received, they cannot individually answer everyone.
Here are the characters being cast:
JOSH: Male 13-14. Josh is cute, but could be on the scrawny side – definitely not the school jock. Lovable, empathetic, smart and interesting. Must have a great sense of humor. Should have a Midwestern feel.
COLLIN: Male 13-14. Slightly, or more than slightly, overweight. Collin is confident, driven, optimistic and a natural leader. Must have a great sense of humor. Should have a Midwestern feel.
NATALIE: Female 13-14. A natural beauty – she is stunning, but not the “cheerleader” type. Strong and confident, but has an underlying sadness. Should have a Midwestern feel.
Click Here to download the audition scene for Josh.
Click Here to download the audition scene for Collin.
Click Here to download the audition scene for Natalie.
Note: Auditions have been taking place through talent agents, and the above characters names were Chris, Jimmy, and Nina. However, for the purposes of your audition video, please use the names listed above and on the audition scene downloads.
The QuickTime file that you are attaching to the email MUST be labeled with the name of the person auditioning. In other words, do NOT simply name the file "Untitled Paramount Casting".
All auditions should be labeled with the auditioner's name and sent via email in Apple Quicktime (.mov) format to the following:
DO NOT send any streaming video links such as Vimeo, YouTube, etc., as they need to be able to download the clip. If your file is too large for email, you can send it via an auxiliary website like YouSendIt.com
You MUST also download the two following documents, fill them out, scan them and attach to your submission email:
Click Here to download the Talent Search consent and release form.
Click Here to download your contact information form.
The submission deadline is June 7, 2010.
Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies (they will most likely end up in the trash can), they do not cast the films. They hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions.
5555 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Bad Robot Productions
1221 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Principal Actor Casting:
1666 Euclid St.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Extras Casting: TBA
Producer: J.J. Abrams